Location: Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Application Due Date: 2016-11-30
Reports To: Finance Manager
MSH is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and result oriented individual for the Tanzania Technical Support Services (TSSP) Project, a five year project funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Tanzania. The goal of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Public Health institutions in Tanzania including; the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB and leprosy Program (ZIHTLP) to lead and manage the HIV response and build sustainable health system.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative services and coordination support program trainings, workshops and meetings. S/he will provide administrative support and coordination to project staff, local and international consultants who are leading such activities. This will include the following: answering phones; faxing; filing; contacting participants, disbursing invitations letters; preparing materials and onsite coordination for workshops, copying/binding/laminating documents; arranging courier services; typing correspondence; arranging and setting up for meetings and conference calls; drafting meeting minutes; preparation of TEFs, and fielding inquiries. In order to meet the demands of project implementation, s/he will have primary responsibility for responding to all ad-hoc requests for administrative assistance.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Assist with logistics for training and workshop activities, and help set-up events as needed
- Help prepare materials for trainings, workshops and meetings
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, including production, photocopying, assembling, posting and courier/shipping
- Prepare documents, including word-processing, editing, spreadsheets, and data entry
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of project policies and procedures
- Organize mail, supplies, storage, and other office facilities
- Support any special projects, reports, documentation and other duties as required
- Support technical staff to compile and track submission of their TEFs documents
- Participate in trainings, workshops and meetings to ensure smooth logistics on the ground and payment of participants
- Ensure proper completion of each workshop participant attendance register and compilation of workshop supporting documentation
- Safeguard MSH equipment used in workshops e.g. computers, LCDs
- Ensure accurate hotel billing based on actual number of participants
Administrative Assistant Job Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with at least 2 years of relevant administrative experience in supporting teams of professionals. S/he should be fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili.
- In addition, s/he should have strong administrative, organizational, and writing skills and able to work well under pressure. S/he should have the ability to carry out independent work, take initiative, and use sound judgment.
- The candidate should have excellent computer skills which includes knowledge of MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Access. Experience with US government donor projects will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by clicking on this link by 30th November 2016.