Administration Assistant (SC5) Job at UNDP
Under the guidance and supervision of the DSA and direct supervisor, the Administrative Assistant provides travel and purchase services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Assistant works in close collaboration with the staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Admin Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions::
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Support to travel management processes;
- Support to administrative and logistical services;
- Support Admin purchase processes;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of UN/UNDP rules and regulations, policies and strategies on travel management;
- Ensure implementation of cost saving measures through negotiation with travel service provider, arrangement of the most economic route and appropriate itinerary.
Supports travel management processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Processing of Requisitions for travel in Atlas. Ensures availability of budget according to COA;
- Follow-up with contracted travel agent to ensure provision of high quality professional service and most competitive price;
- Provision of information to the staff on travel including entitlements, travel route and hotel arrangement;
- Processing travel authorization and travel claims in line with travel entitlements for staff, consultants, UN and visitors, ensuring that the travel arrangement follow the UN rules of most direct route and most competitive prices;
- Arrangements for security clearance when required;
- Hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNDP officials;
- Processing requests for visas for all UN travelers, as well as requests for Resident Permit and Diplomatic Identification Card for international staff.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats. Hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNDP officials;
- Arrangement for airport pick-up of high-level officials and support to expediting of customs and immigration procedures, as necessary;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services;
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Producing of identity cards for Somali nationals.
Supports Admin purchase processes for CO:
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office;
- Prepare the documents for the process in line with existing rules and policies;
- Create requisitions and receipts in Atlas (the UNDP web-based management system);\ and ensures availability of budget according to COA.;
- Support the organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for operations and projects staff on procurement and travel;
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO travel services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNDP capability in provision of efficient and first-class travel services.
- Building Strategic Partnerships:
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems:
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management:
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience for Admin Assistant Job
- Secondary education. Specialized training in procurement and travel desirable.
- 5 years of relevant administrative experience in the areas of administration, procurement or travel service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Click here to apply