Admin Assistant Job at Duma Works, Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting an Administrative Assistant for one of our clients: a technology company that connects individuals in developing countries to digital-age work, to help address poverty in their own communities.
Admin Assistant Job Purpose
- As an Admin Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for the Company, and you will provide administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Oversee the daily operations of the office staff/visitors in-out-flow, cleanliness and maintenance of office premises, kitchen, security and other necessary activities to help operate the office smoothly.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook/log list, issue visitor badges and access information).
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Organizing travel logistics for staff.
- Make refreshments and set out food.
- Ensure more pleasant and efficient working atmosphere.
- Locally and internationally source major purchases and key vendors to provide services needed for the business.
- Own the maintenance of the office building and grounds, maintain good relationships with key local craftsmen: electrical, plumbing, painters, handymen, etc.
- Manage support staff and other outsourced services representatives.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Admin Assistant Job
- At least 1year working experience in a similar role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional appearance.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
- At least a diploma in Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Methodical and thorough approach to work.
- A desire to show initiative.
- Open minded with excellent organization skills.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
How to Apply
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to[email protected] marking the subject as “2257”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2257, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
- Deadline for receiving applications: 17th June 2016