Evaluation Services and Program Support (ESPS), is a contract awarded to International Business Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) by Kenyan and East Africa Missions of the United Stated Agency for International Development (USAID) in September of 2013.
Its purpose serves to assist USAID/Kenya’s Office of Population and Health (OPH) and USAID/East Africa’s regional by providing support to meet the requirements for program related services such as program monitoring and evaluation, data quality assessments, logistics for events, meeting facilitation and other support needs.
IBTCI is currently seeking an Administration/HR/Officer Manager to support the ESPS contract, in partnership with USAID/East Africa and USAID/Kenya.
Responsibilities fr the Admin & Office Manager Job
- Ensure core team and consultant teams have all documents needed (printed and/or scanned to carry out their work in a timely manner
- Handle all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the office (letters, faxes, and courier), calls and manage the office filing system
- Order, issue and monitor supply and usage of office stationery and evaluation project supplies
- Track office supply inventory and procure additional when needed
- Develop, update, and maintain monitoring log for assigned assets, i.e. computers, lightings, etc.
- Develop quarterly updates and reporting for assigned assets inventory
- Manage the ESPS central electronic filing system
- Manage Staff Attendance Book
- Function as fleet supervisor, keeping track of where vehicle is at all times, manages day-to-day staff needs for the vehicle and approves staff use of vehicle based priorities for the day
- Keep Roster of selected/authorized vendors for vehicle maintenance to date
- Oversee driver maintenance of log book, reviewing bi-weekly to ensure proper maintenance; completes PO and provides funds to driver for refueling
- Keep petty cash, completing all paperwork required for use of petty cash and reconciles petty cash account on a weekly basis
- Keep electronic version TO calendars updated per Senior M&E Advisor’s input Human Resources
- Act as primary recruiter for all local consultants, working closely with local senior management to identify qualified candidates for specific TOs both from the data base, as well as sourcing candidates externally
- Update at least quarterly Organization and Individual ESPS Roster(s)
- Ensure that rosters are complete, accurate and without error prior to submission to USAID in quarterly report
- Liaise with HQ HR to ensure that local hires meet GOK labor laws
- Advise COP and DCOP on labor laws to ensure ESPS compliance with all hiring and dismissal procedures according to the GOK law
- Maintain staff files including leave requests, tracking with FM of leave hours, sick hours etc.
- Supervise additional personnel including driver and cleaner
- Appraise of all direct reports minimum annually
- Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the supervisor or COP through the supervisor
Qualifications for the Admin & Office Manager Job
- Impeccable capacity to coordinate various support activities
- Efficient time and resource management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with core team and HQ to recruit excellent consultants; keep consultant rosters current and accurate
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field is required
- At least four years of experience working in an administrative role, or relevant formal training in administration or related field
- Prior experience working on a US Government, UN or World Bank funded project is highly preferred
- Experience performing basic administrative tasks in an office environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the program team
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
How To Apply