Senior Administrative Officer Jobs at Tear Fund International
Senior Administrative Officer Jobs
Tear Fund International is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian agencies working to help people achieve social and economic well -being while being among the best in their fields.
Our global presence and commitment to ending poverty make us an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Our worldwide team uniquely apply their skill, knowledge and dedication to empower people in developing countries to bring lasting change to their own communities.
Tear Fund International seeks an Senior Administrative Officer for the Emergency Food Aid (EFA) Assistance Program for the Central and Horn of Africa Region.
We have a goal of improving food and nutrition security and economic well-being in vulnerable populations by assisting people to identify and take advantage of transformation opportunities to learn, mitigate, adapt, invest and thrive.
EFA is a pilot country program for our new process for development projects called Refine and Implement (R&I).
Subject to availability, the anticipated total funding for 3 awards is $70 million for an initial 3 year period.
Under the supervision of the Financial Manager, the Senior Administrative Officer provides a wide range of administrative and logistical support to the EFA Project in the country.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Administrative Officer Job
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Update, store, and maintain all personnel files. Support new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
- Oversee proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor
- Adjustment Forms, when needed.
- Perform translations of simple documents as needed. Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Greet and escort guests. Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills. Manage local procurements for office supplies and other requirements.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities. Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Manage/track petty cash transactions and receipts.
Senior Administrative Officer Job Qualifications
- Diploma,Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field. At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills,ICPC Score and organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to donor-funded projects or other international development experience. Oral and written English language fluency.
- Minimum Qualifications (3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a competitive remuneration based on skill and experience including;
- Monthly Salary
- Group Medical & Life Cover
- Relocation Cost and Housing Covered by the Employer
- Organizational Car and driver
- Per diem & over night allowance on mission not in duty stations
- Rest and Recuperation(R&R) of six (6) days after ever eight weeks (8) in field location.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their curriculum vitae to the email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31/10/2016 5pm Deadline.Please include “Application for Senior Administrative Officer Vacancy” in the Subject of the e-mail.