Job Title: Admin/Finance Assistant
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026767
Vacancy Notice: 30/2016
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Grade: GL4
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Admin/Finance Assistant provides clerical assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the admin/finance domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, he/she will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain personnel/administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices. The incumbent workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the Admin/Finance Associate
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers support in the maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- The incumbent prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons;
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis and projections as required;
- Offers support in processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Prepares correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative and financial tasks;
- Assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintains budgetary control records;
- Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment locally and abroad and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records;
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Admin/Finance Associate job placement should have secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- At least three years of related work experience
- Good computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Excellent knowledge of Aringa is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 4th January, 2017