The AgriFin Accelerate program will operate in three African countries (Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially.
The program involves three interrelated components that seek to address low farmer productivity and capability, and improve institutional ability to deliver appropriate products and build ecosystems to drive scale. We work with farmers, banks, mobile network operators, MFIs, research institutes and other ecosystem players in well-defined partnerships to sustainably bundle services, leveraging the offer and outreach of all partners, while increasing the range of services, access points and value for farmers.
General Position Summary: The Administration and Finance Officer is responsible for facilitating the administration and Finance functions at AgriFin Accelerate Program Office in Nairobi. Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance, the Administration and Finance Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Responsibilities for the Admin/Finance Job
- Serve as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on administrative matters concerning the Office.
- Ensure proper management and coordination of travel arrangements including flight and accommodation bookings and visas for Mercy Corps staff and guests, and other admin responsibilities as required.
Coordinate and maintain current all work permits, visas and other documentation for Mercy Corps expatriate employees and visitors.
- Provide secretarial duties to the program director , this will include , preparation of her travel approvals, expense reports , scheduling appointments and assist in preparation of advisory board meetings
- Receive and responds to all inquiries made at the reception by providing directions, Instructions, promotional materials, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons
- Coordinating lease agreements, timely payments of leases and utilities for properties
- Manage and renew office and house/apartment rental agreements
- Take down minutes during staff meetings, circulate them
- Ensure adherence to Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative guidance to MC staff when required.
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing systems for office correspondence.
- Preparing comprehensive, accurate and timely monthly reports.
- Ensure that the office is clean, secure and safe at all times.
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform weekly and month end cash count with the Finance/Admin staff or any other person assigned
- Maintain the un-cleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Management
- Record payment vouchers daily in the cash/bank sub journals of Navigator Financial Accounting System.
- Prepare cash and bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
- Prepare scanned copies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to HQ Finance
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- The Admin/Finance Officer will conduct himself / herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and AgriFin Program and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly To: Senior Operations and HR Officer. Works Directly With Program, Logistics and Finance teams.
Qualifications for the Admin/Finance Job
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in office administration, travel coordination or experience in related field.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not to delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement and administration ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Attention to details.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before Friday 11th November by 4.00pm.