Job Title: Administration Assistant (Fresher Career Jobs)
Organization: Damco Logistics
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,000+ employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant will support Damco through the provision of administrative support, cost leadership in procurement management, ensure optimal utilization of company assets and maintain high standard of service to stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely dispatch of outgoing correspondences either by sending driver/messenger or selected courier.
• Deliver incoming mails to respective desks.
• Coordination of all office visitors arriving in Uganda by handling accommodation, ticket bookings, airport and office transfers.
• Cordially attend to customers and guests at the reception by directing their queries to relevant departments.
• In charge of making all travel arrangements (tickets) for staff travelling within or out of the country via specified travel agent.
• Arrange company out of office conferences by ensuring availability of all necessary equipments.
• Organize in-house seminars and trainings by providing refreshments and lunch if required.
• The incumbent will supervise and assign daily tasks to drivers and cleaners and ensure awareness of their whereabouts at all times during working hours
• Ensure all employees have reported to work and log all absences
• Prepare local purchase orders for all administration purchases, and keep updated current process.
• Ensure suppliers are paid in time and all payments are aligned to corresponding LPOs.
• Responsible for monitoring, ordering and controlling stationery items.
• Ensure conducive working environment for staff by overseeing furniture and fixtures, lighting, ACs, fumigation and general cleanliness.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Administration Assistant should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in business management, social science or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
• One year’s experience in customer service department of a fast paced service company.
• Candidates with a year of logistics operations’ experience will have an added advantage.
• Broad working knowledge in customs documentation and requirements
• Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Working knowledge of customer service process and tools
• Fluency in both verbal and written English. Good knowledge in local language is an added advantage.
• Customer focus: Ensure that customers feel valued and have confidence in the company.
• Attitude for excellence: Follow up and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Communication and building relationships; promptly keep customers informed about changes which will have impact on them.
• Technical skills: Switchboard, computer skills.
• Behaviour: Be competitive, result oriented, quality judgment and initiative. Punctuality and responsible at work. Loyalty to the department. Strong team spirit. Commitment to customer care.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Damco Logistics are encouraged to Apply Online by sending their updated CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25th September 2015.