Job Title: Administration Assistant
Organisation: Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator FUEWEC
Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE) is a voluntary membership organization established and fully owned by the Employers. It was founded in 1958 as the representative body of all Employers in Uganda. It was registered as an Association in 1960 under the Trustee Incorporation Act. It’s a voice of all Employers on Social and Economic issues. It is an organization that advocates for Employers interest.
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant will manage FUEWEC desk, complement the coordinator with the activities of the Female Future Program in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the admission of participants for the different cohorts
- Maintains records for participants of each Cohort of the FFP, the mentoring program participants and the alumni activities
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying participant’s files, mail distribution and filing.
- Write training reports after each training
- In charge of planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Marketing and selling the program
- Manage the day- to-day activities of the FUEWEC office and liaising with the FUE main office
- Perform general clerical duties that lead to the successful organization to the Annual Women’s Leadership Conference
- Perform any other duties as may be advised by the Coordinator and FUEWEC Technical Committee from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a graduate degree from an accredited university
- Training and experience working with Women
- A minimum of five years working experience
- The applicant should have prior experience as an Administrative assistant or Office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Managing meetings calendar
- Passionate about the project
- Easy to work along with and amiable
- Highly proactive
- Confident personality
- Cost conscious
- Mature mentally, emotionally and spiritually
- Conscious about the environment in which women operate
NB: This is a re-advertisement so those who applied earlier are encouraged to re-forward their applications to the same E-mail address.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an application letter and an up to date CV ONLY that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position, current and expected salary and contacts of three professional referees by Email to: [email protected] addressing them to The Human Resource Specialist, Federation of Uganda Employers, Plot 1207, Kiwanga Road, Namanve P.O. Box 3820, Kampala. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2017 by 5:00 pm