Administration Manager Job at KIMC
REF NO. KIMC/AM/5/2017
Purpose of the job
To ensures administration activities are undertaken through formulation of policies, strategic planning and implementation and development of programs. The job offers support functions to other department to operate and achieve their performance.
Responsibilities for the Administration Manager Job
- Managerial ResponsibilitiesDevelop and Interpret policies to guide operations in the Administration Department.
- Prepare a departmental strategic plan to ensure achievement of the set departmental objectives in line with the Institution mandate.
- Prepare and control departmental budgets for planning and resource allocation purpose.
- Prepare the departments work plan to ensure proper allocation of work for smooth running of the department’s operations.
- Perform staff performance evaluation to identify training needs for capacity building.
- Coordinate disaster management and emergency response activities through setting up response operations to address disasters for smooth running of activities in the institution.
- Ensure up to date transport management system for improved service delivery and smooth operations for the institute.
- Develop and administer the electronic document management system for monitoring, tracking and controlling movement of files.
- Review and manage the status of the Institution buildings by carrying out inspections to ensure they meet the required standards for safety purposes.
- Participate in the Institute management board meeting and procurement Tender committee as required by the job.
- Provides input in the process of budgeting through preparation of departmental budget
Requirements for the Administration Manager Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Chief Administration Officer or in a comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Master’s degree in Social Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than three (3) Weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills ; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability in the management of administrative managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.81,387/= to 123,731/= p.m.