Job Title: Administrative and Procurement Officer
Organisation: aBi Trust
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Corporate Services Manager
The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi Trust) was founded by the Governments of Denmark and Uganda with a vision of ‘A competitive, private sector led agriculture in Uganda’ and a mission ‘To promote private sector agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation in Uganda.’ aBi in addition to support from its Founders Government of Uganda and the Royal Danish Embassy receives support for its activities from other development partners, such as, USAID, EU, Sweden, Belgium, DFID and the Netherlands. aBi’s activities include:
• Supporting the following Value Chains: Coffee, Cereals, Dairy, Pulses, Oil Seeds and Horticulture.
• Financial Services Development in rural areas
• Offering lines of credit to financial institutions and guarantees for lending to beneficiaries in the agribusiness sector
Job Summary: The Administrative and Procurement Officer will support the procurement activities of aBi by organizing adequate acquisition of goods and services. His/her responsibilities include the intake and follow up of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures, order processing, purchasing, invoicing and delivery of goods to requestors. He/she will ensure maintenance of updated supplier database for the office, carry out market surveys for goods and services and also communicate about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries from user departments. The Administrative and Procurement Officer will also support smooth running and operation of aBi office administration function, which will includes managing office supplies (stationary, kitchen supplies) and records office security as well as ensuring the staff are updated on health and safety issues. He/she will ensure proper records are kept for aBi assets and that there is proper management of the aBi fleet of vehicles. The procurement and Administration officer will also ensure smooth management of staff travel, including aBi vehicles, taxi services as well as making flight bookings and ensuring proper management of insurance for the regional office assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Structure and organise administrative work to promote work processes and ensure an appropriate work space and office facilities are functioning, i.e. water, electricity, security etc.
• Electronically and physically maintain and archive data, information and records of the procured logistical goods and the stationery store and any other administrative matters;
• Receive maintenance work requests for minor maintenance, alterations, repairs and renovations and ensure they are promptly handled;
• Ensure meeting rooms, Boardrooms and or other aBi Trust special meeting rooms are well maintained and are logistically and appropriately managed;
• Arrange and book conference rooms and hotels for all aBi Trust stakeholder meetings, management meetings, seminars and workshops and other gatherings as be requested;
• Arrange visas, travel bookings and tickets for aBi Trust staff and process hotel accommodations; i.e. coordinate with staff to maintain an awareness of upcoming travel and ensure adequate lead times to prepare applicable documentation,
• Take meeting minutes as and when needed;
• Support management in the coordination of security and evacuation plans;
• Ensure proper records of office inventories and documentation of stock procured in the office,
• Ensures disposal of old and damaged assets in line with the procurement manual. Ensures all monies from the disposed assets are recovered and accounted for.
• Performs asset inventory/registration and verification annually both for the aBi office;
• Manage the updates the aBi office asset register.
• Work closely with the IT coordinator to ensure all IT equipment is properly managed.
• Ensures lost assets are properly reported and necessary action taken to remove the same from the register once the investigations are completed.
• Plans, develops and manages relevant procurement and contractual aspects of aBi Trust goods and administrative services i.e. fit out furniture, stationer, tea bites and sanitary ware within delegated authority;
• Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/ compliance before they are processed;
• Regularly reviews requests about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
• Prepares tender documents, receives/collects bids and prepares Comparative Bid Analysis for the Evaluation Committee;
• Takes evaluation and procurement committee meeting minutes and reports the outcome. Ensures the committee members have signed on the evaluation or procurement minutes;
• Prepares Local Purchase Orders and sends them to finance department for approval;
• Regularly notifies the selected suppliers of the purchase order once approved;
• Prepares service level agreements and submits them to the Corporate Services Manager for approval and further endorsement;
• Produces up-to-date overviews of outstanding requests regularly and upon request, including adequate information about expected delivery lead times;
• Informs Department Heads and requestors pro-actively about delays and other problems in the delivery of their requests.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Smooth flow of day to day operations, including well managed stores and vehicle fleet
• Adherence to administration and procurement policies and procedures.
• Timeliness in Procurement Cycle
• Timeliness in Payment Processing
• Transparent Procurement Processes with accurate minutes of evaluation and procurement meetings
• Healthy and safe work environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a good Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or Purchasing and Supplies Management
• Additional training in Procurement and Supplies Management
• At least three to four years’ relevant experience in the administration and procurement role
• Broad working knowledge of administrative, budgetary, procurement procedures
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately.
• Demonstrates and adheres to the behaviors that are consistent with standards for professional and ethical conduct within aBi trust
• Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft programs and report writing.
• Excellent negotiation, problem solving analytical skills
• Keen attention to detail.
• Concentrate on all aspects of a task, commitment to achieving high quality results
• Personal initiative: Develop new solutions to problems as they arise
• Team work and ability to prioritize own and others workloads
• Excellent communication skills
• All aBi Trust employees should adhere to Participation, Transparency, Accountability and Non-discrimination while integrating the principles of Green Growth and Human Rights Based Approaches in its work.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter with three professional referees to the e-mail to: [email protected] Please clearly mark the application with the position title: e.g. “aBi Trust – Administrative and Procurement Officer.” E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Deadline: 14th September, 2015 by 5PM