The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
The Academic Unit Program Development and Delivery unit at AVU supervises and coordinates the Delivery of the various Programs at AVU and the processing of Scholarships. The academic Unit is currently looking for two administrative assistant interns in the unit’s administrative processes.
Administrative Assistant Intern Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing documents for payment of services related to the unit;
- Assist in updating the payment tracking sheet on a day to day basis;
- Assist in filing administrative documents handled by the unit;
- Assist in all Administrative processes related to the Scholarship Fund;
- Schedule unit meetings including recording of meeting’s proceedings;
- Assist in the preparation of any administrative documentation needed;
- Assist in formatting and copying digital files;
- Assist the Academic Unit with other duties as assigned
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Collect, Sign for and distribute mail packages.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences for the unit.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
Perform other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant Intern
- Studies related to Administration or Education (preferably candidates with completed Bachelor’s degree);
- Fluent in English (preference will be given to candidates who can also speak French or Portuguese);
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office or Google Drive authoring tools;
- Keen on and pays attention to detail;
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and work well within a team;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
How to Apply
The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidates will be appointed for an initial 4 months. This position is based at AVU offices in Nairobi, Kenya.Application must include an application letter highlighting suitability for the position and detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Application must include an application letter highlighting suitability for the position and detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] and must have ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN APDD as the email subject
The closing date for this application is FEBRUARY 27TH at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3).
Note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted