Position: Administrative Assistant
Deadline: 19th February 2016
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Eligibility: Kenyan Nationals only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant, under the general supervision of the Deputy Country Director and the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, coordinates the facilitation of administrative activities and functions within IPA-K. Below is a list of some of the duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General administrative support to the management team and other staff including:
- Act as the main point of contact for visitors and callers, including reception duties.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and general emails.
- Filing and copying.
- Collation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documents.
- Minute taking for management team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Coordinate the courier service and ensure timely billing of courier services to projects.
- Supervising Office Assistant.
- Handling office Airtime and sending monthly reports.
- Arrange hospitality, purchase supplies to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
- Assist with travel logistics
- Ensure timely billing of vehicles.
- Support trainings, logistics, Finance and Procurement:
- Ordering of equipment, materials and office supplies.
- Supporting project-specific procurement.
- Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments.
- Other tasks
- Supporting Senior Management and the Operations Coordinator as required.
Any other duty as shall be assigned from time to time.
- A Diploma or University Degree in Business Administration or related field of discipline.
- Must have great multi-tasking abilities
- At least two years’ work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
- Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
- Applications must be submitted ONLY by email to [email protected], please ensure that the subject line reads: “Administrative Assistant”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a Rolling Basis.
- Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Administrative Assistant. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
- Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to [email protected]