The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an international non-profit policy think tank whose mission is to translate and enable utilisation of evidence in policy-making, primarily in the fields of population change and sustainable development; and health systems strengthening in Africa.
Key ResponsibilitiesFront Office Services
- Manage the reception and switchboard to interface mails, visitors and calls with office
- Collecting, sorting, distributing and preparing mails, messages and courier deliveries
- Ensuring proper condition and posture of the front office
- Inventory maintenance for office supplies, kitchen, janitorial and sanitary supplies
- Support procurement process
- Petty cash management
- Filing and administration documentation maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness in the office, with the help of the office assistant.
- Support organization of departmental and staff meetings as well as other meetings and conferences
- Taking and custody of meeting minutes – staff and operations division meetings
- Maintenance of leave database
- Supervising Office assistant
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to staff
- Update and maintain internal organisational year planner & notice board
- Support management of AFIDEP online presence
- Contribution to office publications
- Make arrangements, bookings and reservations for both local and international travel.
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the management
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holder of a minimum of a social science degree from a recognised University
- Holder of ICT, communications and French language knowledge will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in an international non-profit organisation will be an added advantage
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Highly organised, excellent coordinator and ability to work under pressure
- Strong ICT skills
- Strong analytical skills
- String liaison skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time appropriately to ensure timely support
- Value driven and upholding high integrity
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- High level of people-related skills in working with cross-functional teams and with partners
- Working knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
A competitive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- Please send
- (1) one-page cover letter
- (2) CV of not more than 4 pages (including three relevant referees).
- Application letters should have the title of the position as the subject as well as subject of email for electronic applicants.
- Only qualified applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
- Applications will be evaluated continuously until the relevant candidate is engaged. Address:
- Finance and Administration Manager
- African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP),
- WestcomPoint Building, Mahinga Mairu Avenue Off Waiyaki Way,
- P.O. Box 14688-00800, Westlands,
- Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected]
- OR CLICK HERE to apply online