Reference Number: AA310815
Category: Clerical, Office Administration
JOB PURPOSE: The Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL) is funded by the Wellcome Trust and hosted by the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme. The aim of the initiative is to support capacity building for research through research training schemes ranging from attachments for school leavers and undergraduates, Postgraduate diploma, Masters, PhD studentships and postdoctoral fellowships. We are now seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative and management support to the IDeAL Director.
IDeAL Executive Administrator
• Assist in the recruitment of students and fellows from advertisement preparation to interviews and post interview communication.
• Assist in the induction process for newly recruited students and fellows
• Maintain accurate and updated information for all students and liaise with the Human Resource Department
• Assist in organising courses and conferences hosted by IDeAL and it’s collaborating partners
• Assist students in preparing for their travels, including helping them with visa application processes, flight and accomodation bookings and allowances processing
• Manage communication between IDeAL management team and students, fellows, supervisor and mentors.
• Manage communication between IDeAL management team, students and the registering institutions.
• Coordinate the preparation of both local and international itineraries for IDeAL Director
• A diploma in management, administration, HR or equivalent
• At least three years experience working in a similar position in a research or health institution.
• Computer literate; proficiency in email and Microsoft Applications
• Considerable knowledge of office procedures and secretarial practices including organization, planning, records management and general administrative skills.
• Strong in office management and administration
• Good planning and organisational ability
• Consultative approach with the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Team working skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 14th September, 2015.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Click here to apply