Reports to: Project Manager
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE), a groundbreaking health sciences university in Rwanda that will train the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health, an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. PIH has operated alongside public sectors in countries around the world for over three decades, and over 10 years in Rwanda with its sister organization Inshuti Mu Buzima and government partners. UGHE seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization (see PIH values) to join the team.
General Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing all administrative matters for the UGHE office as needed. This person will play a key role in supporting the scale-up of this university project.
• Serving as the first point of contact for the UGHE office space
• Managing the office space, including monthly expenses
• Procuring and paying for office/administrative supplies
• Facilitating visas for UGHE staff and visitors
• Printing, distributing, organizing and drafting documents and materials
• Organizing and managing academic and non-academic files
• Supporting event management including reservations/bookings
• Liaising with guests and visitors
• Triaging incoming requests, queries, phone calls, and invitations
• Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, business management, or related field
• Experienceworkingin an international NGO and/or academic environment(s)
• Work experience in administrative, executive assistant, and/or personal assistant role(s) in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
• Experience processing financial transactions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an advantage
• Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, PowerPoint
• High level of organization and communication skills
• Availability to travel as needed and work irregular hours
• Commitment to social justice and health care equity
How to apply:
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above positions, please submit your Cover Letter and CV by email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submission of applications is 25th August 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.