Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: European Union (EU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Monthly Gross Salary: Between UGX 5,770,215 – UGX 9,676,441
Reports to: Head of Administration
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy. The EU Delegation to Uganda is supporting Uganda’s priority needs which include the need to foster sustainable development by sound governance and macro-economic policies, improved connectivity of national and regional transport infrastructure and strengthening of agriculture.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the Head of Administration to ensure the smooth running of the entire Delegation Office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the HoA by ensuring that Administration team responds effectively to all the needs of the colleagues while performing their day to day official tasks.
- Support expatriate colleagues and their families with; Immigration and Customs formalities, Housing processes and any other as required.
- Assist the HoA to ensure security and safety off staff and property of the EU delegation in coordination with the EU security Officer.
- Ensuring that procurement rules and guidelines are followed (preparing calls for expression of interest/calls for tender.
- In charge of drafting of contracts, monitoring the implementation and ensuring good value for money.
- Work closely with all GoU Agencies e.g. MoFA, URA, Immigration Department, KCCA etc. and ensuring good cooperation with all of them.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the European Union Administrative Assistant job opportunity should have completed secondary education
- At least five years of professional experience
- Knowledge of administrative support of International Organisations is an asset
- High degree of motivation
- Ability to meet and respect deadlines
- Ability to deal with stress situations
- Knowledge of English: Ability to understand, read, speak and write
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates seeking to join the European Union Delegation in Uganda should send an application letter, a completed EU Standard Curriculum Vitae, download here, that must include three relevant referees, reference letter(s) of previous employment(s)and copies of education and training certificates addressed to:
Head of Administration
Delegation to the Republic of Uganda
Crested Towers, 15th floor
Plot 17-23 Hannington Road
Email to: [email protected]
NB: Please clearly indicate: Application – Administrative Assistant in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 17th April 2017 by 16:30 Hours