Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Section – Legal
The National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the National Housing and Construction Company through the oversight of the office and ensure that all secretarial services and other requirements pertaining to the functioning of the department are adequately handled.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will receive and read incoming mail and ensure its direction to the correct person for further action.
• Receive and read outgoing mail and ensure its direction to the correct person for further action.
• Type correspondence and ensure its proper distribution or dispatch.
• Type correspondence from various raw sources such as manual drafts, dictations, e-mail or verbal instructions.
• Take minutes of meetings and distribute as directed.
• Stay abreast with all current on-going activities by reading files and correspondence in order to be effective in supporting officers to whom he/she is responsible.
• Actively monitor and maintain daily schedules, dairies, travel plans, appointments, etc. for the department.
• Receive calls and visitors and direct them or take messages appropriately.
• Ensure proper records management by maintaining an efficient filing and retrieval system.
• Ensure availability of stationery.
• Take responsibility for equipment in the office and report any repairs required.
• Prepare reports and returns as required.
• Perform any other job related activities as may be requested by user departments/ Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• At least three years’ experience as a Stenographer/Secretary in a busy office, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
• Computer literacy skills and proficient in Ms Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Friendly and willing to help
• At ease with people from all strata of society, both the general public and within the company
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at any given time
• Well-developed customer care skills
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision
• Self confidence
• Excellent interpersonal relations
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Administrative Assistant and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials & three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 659,
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25th September, 2015 by 4.00p.m (Local time)