Job Title: Â Â Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Dairy Development Authority is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the dairy sector. It was established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies which are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairy products.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the Human Resource Officer in the provision of secretarial and office administrative support to the Regional office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:Â
- Carrying out administrative work and maintaining office files and other records.
- Assisting in handling and accounting for office Imprest.
- Assisting in the day-to-day office and facilities management.
- Typing letters and reports.
- The jobholder will be handling office welfare and general office management.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to staff within the office and dispatch outgoing mail.
- Receive and direct visitors to appropriate persons and provide information about the regional activities in case of inquiries.
- Perform any other duties related to the office as may be delegated from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:Â
- The applicant for the Administrative Assistant career opportunity should hold a Diploma in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Social Work and Social Administration or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- A minimum of two years of hands on experience in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to the undersigned. Executive Director Dairy Development Authority (DDA) Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 17th May 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.