An investment Ltd company located in Nairobi involved in working with other Investment companies and Petrol station business activities is looking to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant who will report to the Operations / Finance Manager.
Job Purpose / Summary: Ensure smooth running of the company’s cash collection office and records centre as well as, being the link between various functions.
Your duties will include a few accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, record and account for receipt payments to company made by cash or cheques
- Collect and account for cash from the various collection points
- Maintain and reconcile the cash collections to the sales and banking on a daily basis
- Make Cash payments
- Assist in making improvements in our cash management policies
- Maintain and update employee files
- Ensure that all employees have necessary statutory documents i.e. NHIF, NSSF and Pin numbers
- Preparation and reconciliations of end month journals
- Follow up debt collection as per allocated accounts
- Monitor staff accounts and regularly upraise the finance manager on any irregularities
- Office administrative duties
- A Diploma in Business Administration and CPA Part II or its equivalent.
- Basic book keeping and administrative skills highly desirable.
- 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel are desirable.
- Accuracy of Cash reconciliations to the banking and reports.
- Reduced level of cash losses
- Completeness of Employee staff records
- Ease of accessing office documents
- Debts collected within authorized credit period
- Efforts and suggestions made to improve the operations that you are responsible for.
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please make your application through our website [email protected] vacancy page before close of business 20th April 2016
Only successful candidates will be contacted.