The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative and/or program support to the Nairobi Water Fund Trust project office in Sagana town, Kenya.
The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative tasks, including some or all of the following: maintaining vehicle logs, fuel records, answering phones, organizing and maintaining files, purchasing, maintaining equipment, and working with vendors. S/he may handle domestic and international travel arrangements. S/he will schedule and coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events. The Assistant may communicate on behalf of the supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, partners, government officials and donors. S/he may handle inquiries about program activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. S/he will use available systems and resources to maintain and track data such as inventory and fuel logs. S/he will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. S/he will have frequent interaction with staff throughout the program and in other Conservancy offices, and with vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Limited financial responsibility, which may include processing invoices, preparing accounting forms, petty cash, purchasing, and travel expense reports.
• Monitor vehicle log book, keep track of fuel card use for each vehicle and motorcycles and reconcile with bills, maintain efficiency records, regular inspection of vehicles, and allocations of vehicles to different activities.
• Record keeping of inventory and reconciling to the physical inventory items.
• May help plan and direct the work of volunteers or interns.
• Coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events.
• Ensure proper documentation for compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
• Provide operational support to the Water Fund team including but not limited to two managers and four field based technical staff
• Office administrative support including day to day operation for the Sagana project office and support to field based staff
• Prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments.
• Duties are performed according to instructions or established practices.
• May serve as a team member for assigned projects.
• Supervisor will resolve any problems or questions.
• Working for extended hours maybe required from time to time.
• This list is not exhaustive and may change subject to the dynamics of the project activities
• Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
• Degree level education, plus 1-year experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
• Experience providing administrative and logistics support including some or all of the following: phones/customer service, fuel records, equipment maintenance, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings, organizing files, logistics and purchasing or related activities.
• Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Ability to analyze available information for the purpose of preparing reports and solving problems.
- Database skills.
- Familiarity with standard business communications.
- Good “customer service” skills and focus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail for accuracy.
- Results oriented
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here