Job Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant – Records Management
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Temporary Administrative Assistant – Records Management will provide administrative support to the office of the Secretary to the Authority through
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will receive all incoming correspondences for the organisation.
- Scan and record all incoming documents for proper record keeping as per NDA registry guidelines.
- Route and dispatch all documents going to the Secretary to the Authority and other offices accordingly.
- The incumbent will also manage all document management equipment and ensure that they are in good working condition.
- Act as an alternate in the management of the Front Desk ensuring coverage at all times during working hours.
- Offer administrative support to the admin team in the Office of the Secretary to the Authority.
- Manage the NDA toll free lines and coordinate internally to ensure response.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Temporary Administrative Assistant – Records Management must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a closely role related field from a recognised Institution with three years’ experience in the similar job OR a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or closely related field from a recognised Institution with five years’ experience in the similar job.
- Office Management skills,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal management skills
- Highly self-driven
- Excellent communication, analytical, organisational and technical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and for long hours
- Confidentiality and high integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications addressed to Head, Human Resource and Administration, National Drug Authority, Plot 46-48, Lumumba Avenue. P. O. Box 23096, Kampala.
NB: Those who had already applied as part of the NDA internal advert before need not reapply.
Deadline: 17th February, 2017