Job ID: 44901
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative and/or program support to the Nairobi Water Fund Trust project office in Sagana town, Kenya.
Essential Functions of the Admin Assistant
- The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative tasks, including some or all of the following: maintaining vehicle logs, fuel records, answering phones, organizing and maintaining files, purchasing, maintaining equipment, and working with vendors.
- S/he may handle domestic and international travel arrangements. S/he will schedule and coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events. The Assistant may communicate on behalf of the supervisor with internal and external sources, including staff, partners, government officials and donors.
- S/he may handle inquiries about program activities and assist in the development of program materials and correspondence. S/he will use available systems and resources to maintain and track data such as inventory and fuel logs. S/he will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. S/he will have frequent interaction with staff throughout the program and in other Conservancy offices, and with vendors.
Responsibilities for the Admin Assistant Job
- Limited financial responsibility, which may include processing invoices, preparing accounting forms, petty cash, purchasing, and travel expense reports.
- Monitor vehicle log book, keep track of fuel card use for each vehicle and motorcycles and reconcile with bills, maintain efficiency records, regular inspection of vehicles, and allocations of vehicles to different activities.
- Record keeping of inventory and reconciling to the physical inventory items.
- May help plan and direct the work of volunteers or interns.
- Coordinate logistics of meetings and may assist with the coordination of special events.
- Ensure proper documentation for compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Provide operational support to the Water Fund team including but not limited to two managers and four field based technical staff
- Office administrative support including day to day operation for the Sagana project office and support to field based staff
- Prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments.
- Duties are performed according to instructions or established practices.
- May serve as a team member for assigned projects.
- Supervisor will resolve any problems or questions.
- Working for extended hours maybe required from time to time.
- This list is not exhaustive and may change subject to the dynamics of the project activities
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
Qualifications for the Admin Assistant Job
- Degree level education, plus 1-year experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience providing administrative and logistics support including some or all of the following: phones/customer service, fuel records, equipment maintenance, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings, organizing files, logistics and purchasing or related activities.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
Auto Safety Policy
This position requires a valid driver’s license and compliance with the Conservancy’s Auto Safety Program. Employees may not drive Conservancy-owned/leased vehicles, rental cars, or personal vehicles on behalf of the Conservancy if considered “high risk drivers.” Please see further details in the Auto Safety Program document available at www.nature.org/careers.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon completion of a Vehicle Use Agreement, which may include a review of the prospective employee’s motor vehicle record.
How to Apply
To apply to position number 44901, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 14th, 2016. Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected]*LI- The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*