Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Department Post Graduate Studies
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Department in filling all office documents
- Process office documents as necessary by typing, copying or handwriting
- Update the Director on issues of Post Graduate students
- Support students in the department with questions on courses, tuition, examinations and assignments
- Arrange for meetings for lecturers with the Director, with students and visitors
- Keep the office organized professionally and make sure the visitor’s book is used
- Keep track of student’s profiles
- In charge of coordinating interdepartmental communications.
- Ensure that the Master of Social Work library is intact
- Assist the Director in organizing fieldwork and supervision of students in the department
- Assist and make sure lecturers sign a book for the teaching hours
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the University Administration and department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Administrative Assistant must hold a Bachelor‘s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Public Administration from a recognized Institution of Higher learning.
- At least two years of working experience performing similar duties in a reputable organization.
- Computer knowledge in MS word, MS excel and Power point
- Must have experience in minutes writing.
- Should be able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a mature and committed Christian of high integrity
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.( Academic, Leadership and Pastoral). Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and send to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th February, 2017