Job Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant – Procurement and Disposal (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Temporary Administrative Assistant – Procurement and Disposal will support the Procurement and Disposal Office to effectively procure Goods, Services and Works in accordance with the PPDA Act and regulations, 2014.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter all NDA procurements and disposals into the Government portal (GPP)
- Post all bid notice adverts and best evaluated bidder notices on the NDA website and PPDA website.
- The jobholder will file all procurement files for completeness of procurement records as per PPDA and PPDA website.
- File all procurement files for completeness of procurement records as per PPDA guidelines.
- Maintaining proper storage and safety of procurement files to ensure that documents are rightly arranged filed and are without errors.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Temporary Administrative Assistant – Procurement and Disposal job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a closely role related field from a recognised Institution
- One year of relevant working experience
- Office Management skills
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Hands-on experience in entering data in GPP and preparing monthly procurement reports.
- Excellent people skills
- Highly self-driven
- Excellent communication, analytical, organisational and technical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Confidentiality, interpersonal skills and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications addressed to Head, Human Resource and Administration, National Drug Authority, Plot 46-48, Lumumba Avenue. P. O. Box 23096, Kampala.
NB: Those who had already applied as part of the NDA internal advert before need not reapply.
Deadline: 17th February, 2017