Administrative Assistant NGO Job in Kenya
Interested in a career that focuses on positively impacting quality of life and influencing global and national policies in the developing world? Then look at ICF. Backed by 30+ years of experience and a worldwide network of development professionals, we help clients promote sustainable development and build in-country capacity in leading areas such as global health, food security, climate change, and clean energy.Job DescriptionThe International Health Division of ICF is seeking an administrative assistant to support project managers and activities. The project activities fall under MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV supporting the Kenya National Malaria Control Program in Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation. The position will work closely with the Operation’s Manager to provide administrative and logistic support to the project staff. These will include assisting with procurement processes and general office support.This position will be assigned for one year at ICF’s Nairobi office.Key Responsibilities
- Closely work with Operations Manager to follow up with staff and vendors on timely submission of ETRs, lodging receipts and Invoices
- Informing the Operations Manager on the time barred ETRs and Invoices. The ETRs and Invoices should not be more 25 days old at the point of receipt.
- Closely work with Operations Manager to calculate the VAT amounts and fill/type out the blank DA1 forms
- Attach relevant documentations as appropriate when submitting to USAID for Exemption processing. The paper work should include: Certified and stamped copies of the Invoice, ETR form, Participants attendance lists, Log Books in case of vehicle repairs, etc. All the invoices should have the relevant Project Codes before submission
- Closely work with the Operations Manager to ensure the approved DA1 Forms are collected from USAID on a timely basis.
- Draft and submit refund letters to the Vendors once approved DA1 forms are received from USAID. The letter should include: Refund Amount, Organization legal name. The letter should be done in duplicate; a copy of the letter should be for the file. The letter should be signed by the vendors and details of the contact person provided for ease of follow up.
- Follow up with Vendors for VAT refunds and regularly update both the Procurement and Finance Managers on the status and challenges encountered in the VAT refund process.
- Bank the refund cheques and submit deposit slips to Finance and Procurement
- Maintain a VAT log. This MUST be regularly updated to reflect refunds and processed Exemptions. Should also include a column for REJECTED DA1 FORMS.
- Maintain a VAT file: The file should contain the following: copy of the approved DA1 forms plus the relevant attachments such as Invoices, participant’s attendance list; ETR, copy of the refund cheque etc.
- Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that internal control systems and best practice frameworks are in place to eliminate deficiencies and deliver value for money
- Work with project team members on procurement needs, providing technical support and advice on specifications, cost implications, budget over/under spends, and logistics to support decision making process
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to continually identify office-wide and project procurement needs and actively participate in planning of project activities, Operational team meetings, budgets reviews and actual field assignments
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- In liaison with the Operations Manager, ensure timely and accurate processing of client invoices
- Office management
- Be responsible for the office phones and ensure they are topped up on a monthly basis as need be
- Work with the crews management team to ensure the office is cleaned and all is in order at all times
- Manage stationery inventory and ensure there is always buffer stock
- Organize transport and airport transfer for staff and partners as requested by PM
- Manage petty cash
- Perform any other task as allocated by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ experience working with a busy organization
- Experience in logistics and coordination of program work
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Skype
- Proactive in finding solutions to administrative and project management tasks
- Experience in the Kenya VAT cycle
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to work with staff across multiple stakeholder organizations
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.About ICFICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
How to Apply