Job Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant – Personal Assistant
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Temporary Administrative Assistant – Personal Assistant will provide a strictly private and confidential personal assistant role to the Secretary to the Authority (SA) of NDA. The PA will manage his/her workload, support him/her in her tasks on hand and act as gatekeeper to him/her.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration service to the Secretary to the Authority across the range of his work.
- The incumbent will also develop, maintain and review administration systems to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Maintain and organise the Secretary to the Authority’s diary, filing system and all other relevant areas as necessary.
- Professionally represent the organisation at sector networking events
- The jobholder will draft speeches, articles, briefings, and project proposals as requested by the SA
- Produce texts for NDA website as requested
- Facilitate meetings, schedule debriefing meetings so follow up action can be implemented. Also by arranging refreshments, seating and taking minutes if required to do so.
- Undertake any other official duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a closely role related field from a recognised Institution with three years’ experience in the similar job or Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or closely related field from a recognised Institution with five years’ experience in the similar job.
- Office Management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal management skills
- Highly self-driven
- Excellent communication, analytical, organisational and technical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and for long hours
- Confidentiality and high integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications addressed to Head, Human Resource and Administration, National Drug Authority, Plot 46-48, Lumumba Avenue. P. O. Box 23096, Kampala.
NB: Those who had already applied as part of the NDA internal advert before need not reapply.
Deadline: 17th February, 2017