Administrative Assistant/Front Office Job at NGO Kenya,Earn over Ksh 100,000
Administrative Assistant, USAID/Kenya and East Africa
Kenya Support Project, Kenya
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya East Africa strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
**Please Note: only Kenyan citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI seeks to hire a short-term administrative assistant to coordinate all travel and events, support operations, finance and technical teams and perform other administrative duties including coverage for reception as requested. The expected period of performance is late September through early January, 2018.
- Facilitate and coordinate travel needs, including flights, hotels and ground transportation.
- Coordinate conferences and/or requested services including reserving conference rooms and facilitating participants’ needs.
- Develop relationships with service providers, obtain quotes for services as required and compile bid analyses for all procurement documents relating to travel and general procurements.
- Track and maintain event diaries and facilitate requested services.
- Assist staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
- Maintain purchase order files, databases and update internal trackers as guided.
- Welcome and attend to all office guests and answer the office telephone.
- Any other assignments as determined by project needs .
- Process payments ready for settlement by accounts.
- Prepare tax refund forms.
- Timely scanning of financial documents.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in administrative and/or operational management with an international organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or other related discipline.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Exceptional computer skills in MS office programs.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.