Administrative Associate Job at UNOPS, Kenya
Vacancy code VA/2016/B5303/10597
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Admin Associate Job Functional Responsibilities
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Administrative Associate assists in the overall management of administrative services, administers and executes processes and transactions at the hub ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
- The Administrative Associate supervises support personnel. He/she together with the team will work in close collaboration with the operations, finance, project managers and project teams to exchange information and ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
Efficient administrative support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Support UNOPS administrative business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Support in assessment of expenditure in administration for previous years and input into budget plans for following year.
- Support preparation of monthly report and analysis of operating costs of vehicles, generator and essential services.
- Administrative support to visiting missions on airport transfers and hotel bookings
- Coordination of office vehicles and efficient transportation service for official use including UNOPS visitors
- Administrative support and services provided to key events on a timely and quality basis
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats
Administrative support for official travel of EAH personnel and AFO Advisers in ticketing and obtaining visas for Kenya and countries covered by AFO Region
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, surveys for organization of common services
- Coordination of regular vehicle maintenance and insurance. Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report
Management of Common Services focusing on achieving the following results:
- Tracking of requests for UNON common services with ability to report status and completion time
- Administrative coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements
- Tracking of EAH Agreements with tenants to facilitate timely renewal
Provides support to proper office maintenance, supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance/repair/washing/cleaning/ work of the office premises and environment.
- Ensuring minimal controllable disruption of essential services ( power, water, internet, fuel and telecommunication)
- Support timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports; coordination of physical verification of inventory items.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
- Billings for SLAs are done in a timely manner and in accordance with the payment terms
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of UNOPS office in administration management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies. Strategic approach to administration management, effective and efficient administrative support, and timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and overall effective delivery of UNOPS programs and projects.
UNOPS Core Values/Competencies
- Respect for diversity
- Creativity and innovation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Planning and organization skills
- Results orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Client orientation
- Technological awareness
- Knowledge Management and Learning
Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of ATLAS
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems
- Ability to supervise and train support staff
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Office Management skills is required
- Conferences & Event Administration skills is required
- Coordination skills is required
- Management of Administrative Services is required
- MS Office skills is required
- UN experience is desired
- Premises Management skills is desired
- Asset Management skills is desired
Developing of Standard Operating Procedures skills is desired
Education for Admin Associate Job
- Secondary education is required. Technical Diploma or University degree (or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- 6 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administrative management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge French language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Click here to apply