Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest education innovation company serving the 700 million families who live on less than $2 USD per day. We strive to provide the highest quality education product to the more than 100,000 students who attend Bridge’s more than 400 nursery and primary schools across emerging markets in Africa and (soon to open) in Asia The first Bridge International Academy opened in the Mukuru slum in Nairobi, Kenya in 2009. Today there are hundreds and Bridge continues to expand across Africa and Asia. With a mission of Knowledge for all, Bridge plans to educate 10,000,000 children across a dozen countries by 2025.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with internal and external contacts, verbally and in writing, to coordinate the flow of information
- Organize, maintain and control access to archive and current online documents retained by the various departments in the central repository system in SharePoint
- Organize, maintain and control access to the archive and current hard copy files retained by the various departments in the filing system and control access
- Maintain, manage, input data and organize information in excel spread sheets
- Print out, collate and prepare documents, as well as track execution and completion of process
- Draft and edit various correspondence, documents, policies and forms
- Assist with the compliance functions of the various departments
- Maintain schedules and calendars for the department stuff
- Manage deadlines and important dates in a central calendar for the various departments
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, food orders and travel arrangements
- Assist with all aspects of training initiatives including document organization, drafting materials, coordination of travel, attendance of personnel, venue logistics, material preparation, etc.
- Complete various tasks, special projects and duties as assigned
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields
- At least one year work experience in Administration
- Strong proficiency in technology including, Microsoft Office applications especially in Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong task management, planning and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient and able to multi-task, prioritize and follow projects through to completion
- Strong customer service orientation
- High energy and enthusiasm and willing to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Ability to work well under pressure, as a team member in a fast-paced work environment
- A detailed doer– You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner– You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge International career website on www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com to apply