Job Title: Administrative Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Local Government
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Project Name: Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received a loan and a grant from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) to finance the Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR), and intends to apply some of the proceeds to recruit staff to implement the project. PRELNOR will cover the districts of Adjumani, Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Lamwo, Kitgum, Nwoya and Pader.
About PRELNOR Project:
The overall goal of the PRELNOR is: Increased income, food security and reduced vulnerability of poor rural households in the project area. This will be through increased sustainable production, productivity and climate resilience of smallholder farmers with increased and profitable access to domestic and export markets.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will be responsible for maintaining the project liaison office in the Ministry of Local Government, in Kampala. The incumbent will work in liaison with the Accountant (in the Kampala Office), to perform routine administrative support functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files for the Kampala Project Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare, proof-read and edit all project outgoing correspondence, including letters, faxes and reports;
• Expeditiously follow-up on correspondence with relevant agencies at national level in the absence of the Project Coordinator;
• In charge of preparing briefings on the project for internal use within the Ministry of Local Government, in the absence of the Project Coordinator.
• Oversight of the Project Coordinator’s calendar, whenever he/she is in Kampala.
• Support in the management of assets of the Project in the Kampala office and ensure they are in functional condition as well as put to proper use;
• Actively participate in all human resource activities including proper filing and maintenance of project’s personnel records.
• Handle micro procurements for the Kampala Office, in liaison with the Accountant
• Carryout bookings and ticketing for foreign travel under the project
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Administrative Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Development, Office Administration or related course from a recognised University / Institution.
• A minimum of seven years’ experience in handling administrative/secretarial related tasks in a reputable organisation;
• Excellent track record in successfully managing and coordinating critical office workflows;
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers and facsimile machines;
• High degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills including competence in various packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials including names and addresses of three referees to: Ag. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Worker’s House, 3rd Floor, P.O. Box 7037 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 14th August, 2015