Job Title: Administrative Officer
Organization: Agricultural Import Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an HR consultancy company which seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued client in the Agricultural Industry.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will provide cordial administrative support in the general administrative works including communication and documentation, product importation support with focus on relationship building with key stakeholders, and communications with Ugandan local customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General Administrative Works:
• Builds and strengthen working relationships with the Organization’s key stakeholders including customers, governmental authorities, banks and legal/accounting firms in Uganda, including telephone calls and any other enquiries.
• The incumbent will manage documentation including records, filing, mail collection and distribution with the software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• The incumbent will manage procedures at governmental authorities, banks and other agencies, including relationship building and documentation.
• Support other administrative works including recruitment, accounting and legal affairs as needed to run the office efficiently.
2. Product Importation Support: Steer product importation procedure including relationship building, documentation, communication, and monitoring of the process.
3. Customer Relationship:
• Regularly communicate with customers for imported goods from Japan including wholesalers and retailers of confectionary foods
• Regularly communicate with customers for our IT system (namely Ugandan companies)
4. Others: Initiate related works for above duties to support the Organization’s administration more efficiently
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Administrative Officer should preferably hold an Undergraduate degree with high GPA
• At least five years’ experience in Administration
• Past agricultural product importation experience is an added advantage
• Applicants with contacts and networks with Ugandan authorities, banks and business society will have an added advantage
• Self-disciplined and punctual personality
• Strong logical thinking skill and mathematical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel and Power Point – Willingness to enjoy different cultures
• Self-driven and has can-do mentality.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11th September 2015