Principal Administrative Officer, J.G ‘N’ Jobs at County Government of Nyeri (1 post)
Principal Administrative Officer Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the CEO/ Secretary of the County Public Service Board, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the Secretariat and the Board administrative, logistical and operational issues
- Monitoring the Board`s decisions by maintaining an up to date implementation matrix
- Coordinating schedules of meetings, appointment and interviews
- Preparing the Board`s procurement plan and following up on its implementation
- Preparing the Board’s Budget in liaison with the Finance and General Purpose Committee
- Maintaining the Board`s Financial records
- Assisting in preparation of expenditure and revenues in conformity with the strategic plan
- Facilitating Annual Audit
- Ensuring security , integrity and confidentiality of data
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents
- Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements
- Maintaining optimum stock levels and replenishing
- Providing liaison and administrative support to the Board`s Committees
- Coordinating of Insurance matters
- Ensuring compliance with PFM Act and PPOA Act
- Any other duty that may be assigned
Requirements for the Principal Administrative Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Management or any other Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya
- The candidate to have Completed CPA Part I
- At least 6 years working in a busy office in a similar position
Remuneration and Benefits
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 48,190 – 65,290 p.m
- House allowance: Kshs.18,000 p.m
- Transport Allowance: Kshs. 8,000 p.m
- Medical Cover: Provided for self, spouse and dependent children up to 21years of age.
- Service Gratuity: 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract.
- Leave: 30 days annual leave with leave allowance.
How to Apply
- Candidates who had applied for the position of Principal Administrative Officer need not re-apply. Applicants are requested to fill the Employment Form which can be downloaded from the County Website: www.nyeri.go.ke
- All Applicants MUST attach certified copies of the following documents
- Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials.
- National Identity Card
- Certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
- A certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (C.R.B).
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B).
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (E.A.CC).
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A).
- The completed application form together with certified copies of the required academic, professional and other certificates should be sent or delivered to:
- THE SECRETARY, NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD, KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
- All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 30th November 2016 via postal service, courier service or hand delivered