Administrative Officer Job at Samasource
Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain-power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world.
We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision–to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Reporting to the Administration Coordinator, the incumbent will assist in the day to day running of the Administration Department.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Officer Job
- Ensuring all administrative services are running smoothly and escalating problem areas on time.
- Ensuring that staff transport scheduling is done in a precise and timely manner.
- Assisting with planning and booking of transport and accommodation for staff travel, both local and international.
- Receiving communication from external parties and ensuring it gets directed to the concerned department and where required, provide feedback.
- Ensuring reconciliation of meal deductions is done on time and any errors are rectified before close of payroll.
- Managing the facility maintenance schedule and handling maintenance escalations by ensuring the appropriate vendor is notified on time.
- Verifying all admin related vendor invoices and deliveries and liaising with the finance department for payment.
- Facilitating logistics for all company events, including sitting on planning committees where required.
- Working closely with all other departments to ensure facilities meet requirements, and ensuring that the admin department provides a clean, safe and friendly working environment to all staff at all times.
- Working with the IT department to create and manage a meeting room scheduler, including managing access to restricted areas.
- Creating and providing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications for the Administrative Officer Job
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Office applications with strong proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in a reputable organization.
- Posses strong communication skills, both verbal and written with good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to prioritize work requests and deliver on time with minimal errors.
- Be flexible to work various shifts.
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills.
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Applications should be received by July 4th 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.