Job Title: Administrator/Logistics Officer
Organisation: Irise Uganda
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Gross Salary: Between 800,000-1.5 million UGX
Irise Uganda is a young, fast growing NGO working in partnership with the UK registered charity to support the education and empowerment of marginalised women and girls in Uganda. The organisation currently focuses on developing and delivering a sustainable solution to inadequate provision for women and girls’ menstrual health and hygiene needs. Over the last 2 years we’ve reached over 20,000 girls with the pads and education they need.
Job Summary: The Administrator/Logistics Officer will administer the day-to-day running of Irise Uganda, including applying financial and procedural policies consistently, administering expenses and completing data entry and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Administration and Reporting:
- Administering weekly expenses for team members
- Data entry and checking of project spending and expenses with support from the Head of Operations of Irise Uganda
- Administering Irise Uganda’s pay roll every month
- Recording and administering staff annual leave, sick leave, over time and flexible work patterns in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
- Conducting routine administrative training and induction for new staff and top-up training as required for existing staff.
- Managing and procuring office stock including stationary, cleaning materials
- Administering the general up keep of the office including weekly cleaning, gardening, dealing with repairs etc.
- Managing and procuring IT equipment as required, including office internet bundles
Enterprise Project Stocks and Accounts: Work closely with Irise Uganda Ltd and the Head of Operations at Irise International to issue monthly invoices to Irise entrepreneurs.
Planning and review: As the projects grow and develop, the individual would work with the Head of Operations at Irise International to regularly review existing policies and procedures, identify the need for new or improved mechanisms and develop and implement the appropriate new tools and systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Irise Uganda Administrator/Logistics Officer should be a graduate with a relevant degree
- Prior experience administering expenses for a small organisation
- Prior experience working as part of a small team and organisation
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel (candidates will be expected to use simple formula), Power point, Google Mail and Google Drive. (Please note that IT skills will be assessed as part of the recruitment process)
- Show a commitment to transparent accountability and accurate reporting. (Failure to adhere to policies and procedures will be considered gross misconduct and grounds for instant dismissal without notice or benefits).
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines autonomously and relatively independently with predominantly virtual support.
- Previous experience of or exposure to international accounting and financial standards is desired
- Previous experience working in the NGO Sector is an added advantage
- Previous experience administering the finances of an income generating project is desired
- Previous experience meeting the requirements of an international funder
- Previous involvement in building and establishing new procedures
- Able to use Quick Books or comparable accounting software
- Opportunities for promotion and increasing levels of responsibility as the organisation and projects grow
- Tailored training and support
- Part of a small, collaborative and friendly team
- A gross salary of between 800,000-1.5 million Ugandan shillings before tax and other mandatory deductions depending on skills and level of experience of final applicant.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an online application form, Click Here.
Please limit your CV to 2 sides of A4. Visit this website to read more about the “do’s” and “don’t’s” of an effective CV. Click Here
Cover letters should be limited to one side of A4. We are looking for a couple of paragraphs telling us why you are right for the role and for Irise. We want to see evidence that you understand the role description and the organisation. Tell us clearly why you want to work for us in this capacity. What is motivating you? What can you bring that someone else won’t i.e. what is your unique selling point? We are not interested in reading generic letters.
Deadline: 9th January, 2017