Position Title End Market Assistant
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Support/Cross Services
State/Province/Region KE – Nairobi Area
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
AECOM are a leading engineering and construction company providing integrated delivery of infrastructure projects to major client around the world. A fortune 500 company and the world number 1 design company, we operate in Energy (Generation, renewables, transmission & distribution), Oil & Gas, Transportation (Aviation, roads, rail and maritime), Water (Hydro, irrigation, sanitation, distribution). Due to impending maternity leave, our Nairobi office is looking for a temporarily Office Administrator to provide cover for 3 months cover at our offices at Delta corner.
This role will require a self-starter, computer literate person with Microsoft Applications experience, good telephone manners able to deal with clients, suppliers and staff in a professional and efficient manner.
The role of office administrator focuses on ensuring the office runs smoothly providing necessary support and logistics to staff to enable them carry out their services efficiently.
The administrator is responsible for:
- Assisting project managers with project administration functions
- Arranging meetings and booking meeting rooms
- Arrange and manage support for meetings (e.g. Presentation materials, coffee & tea, flip charts etc).
- Responding to client telephone and email queries
- Provide support to staff (i.e. Flight & accommodation bookings, produce weekly and monthly reports as requested, alert staff to tender opportunities in adverts etc)
- Managing office stationery
- Arranging temporary desk/working space for staff visiting from other offices
- Managing the diary of the MD as requested
- Arranging and managing postage and delivery of business mail and items
- Support bid teams with necessary bid information as requested
- Support bid team compile and bind tender documents
- Office induction of visitors and new starters.
The role would suit an adaptable and dynamic individual with initiative and good communication skills (written and oral).
The candidate is expected will be able to demonstrate and evidence;
- Experience in use of MS word, excel and Power point
- Good communication skills in English (Written and spoken)
- Good personal presentation
- Good time keeping
- Good team working ethics
Minimum Requirements Start September 20th, initially 2 days a week and full time from Mid – October
- Minimum Form IV school level of education.
- GCSE English language at least grade C
- Certificate in MS office an added advantage
- Diploma in business administration or related field an advantage but not necessary.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here