AECOM is implementing the Somalia Tis+ Project to promote good governance and community cohesion. USAID/EA’s Somalia Office anticipates that the need for quick impact stabilization activities will continue given the fragile nature of the nascent government and the existence of an insurgency in parts of South Central Somalia. At the same time, Somalia, particularly under the New Deal and the new internationally recognized government, is looking to move from crisis and stabilization to medium and longer-term development. The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
The Finance/Admin Officerwill be responsible for the financial administration following USAID rules and regulations and AECOM guidelines and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of the monthly fund request to the AECOM home office
- Coordinate properly payments due to consultants, vendors, and subcontractors as applicable ensuring invoices and supporting documentation and required approvals are in place before payment
- Develop and monitor the project’s payment tracker and ensure to communicate payment status information to staff in charge of the contract’s tracker
- Follow the programs Field Office Authority Matrix and Finance Manual
- Enter information into the Quicken accounting system on a daily basis
- Tack and maintain project expenses as requested by the supervisor
- Provide financial oversight of project expenditures and advise on funding availability for project procurement of goods and services as needed
- Ensure timesheets are complete and vacation and sick days properly tracked for all staff
- Assist in budget tracking as requested by supervisor
- Ensure sufficient funds are available in the local bank accounts. Provide reconciliations are requested by the supervisor and/or the home office accountant
- Provide financial information to the Director of Operations as required
- Prepare quarterly and yearly financial reports as needed
- Maintain all financial records, receipts, and vouchers under the supervision of the Operations Director
- Inform Operations Director, Chief of Party, and AECOM home office of any financial irregularities
- Other financial or operations support as directed by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Fluent in Somali.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years financial management experience for USAID projects
- Proven knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and cost-principles
- Fluent in Spanish and strong written and spoken English language skills required
- General knowledge of Peruvian financial and labor regulations a plus
- Accounting skills and experience with Quicken software required
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here