AECOM Job Vacancy : Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Summary AECOM is implementing the Somalia Tis+ Project to is to promote good governance and community cohesion. USAID/EA’s Somalia Office anticipates that the need for quick impact stabilization activities will continue given the fragile nature of the nascent government and the existence of an insurgency in parts of South Central Somalia. At the same time, Somalia, particularly under the New Deal and the new internationally recognized government, is looking to move from crisis and stabilization to medium and longer-term development. The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
The the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will lead M&E activities and report to the Chief of Party (COP) while closely working with Task leaders and Country Coordinators. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for data collection, verification and management, and results reporting, collecting and writing success stories, as well as coordinating with subcontractors and other project partners to capture activity results. He will also assist project staff and consultants to understand and implement M&E reporting requirements, and develop necessary tools to capture results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Project team in updating the Project M&E Plan for submission to USAID annually.
- Train staff on the Project M&E Plan and USAID M&E requirements, including Performance Indicator Reference Sheets for both standard and custom indicators, and standard practice to ensure quality data collection and proper implementation of the Plan;
- Develop methodologies for measuring the differing impacts of project activities on women, persons with disabilities and other marginalized and vulnerable groups;
- Use AECOM’s proprietary web-based OneSource system to capture, process, store and analyze data;
- Perform regular audits of uploaded documentation to ensure that information is properly documented, accurate and complete and complies with USAID requirements. If gaps are found in reporting quality or data integrity, provide supplemental training to staff.
- In addition to regular OneSource audits, the M&E Specialist will make periodic trips to field sites as an independent monitor to verify results reported by staff. If there are issues with on-the-ground results, the M&E Specialist will inform the COP as well as relevant technical staff.
- On a quarterly basis, the M&E Specialist will compile results from OneSource and other relevant sources to prepare a summary report for discussion by the management team. The summary report will describe progress in achieving activity results, trends over time, and any success stories or challenges encountered. On a semi-annual basis the M&E Specialist and COP will evaluate performance indicators and make changes to the results reporting framework, as necessary to:
- Review assumptions underlying the Results Framework and indicators;
- Ensure that progress being reported corresponds with and feeds into the development objective;
- Assess the likely reasons why performance targets are/are not being met;
- Recommend changes to the M&E process to improve performance-based decision making; and,
- Recommend changes to out-year targets, if needed.
The M&E specialist will perform other duties as assigned. Preferred Qualifications
Fluent in Somali.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in qualitative/ applied research, Statistics or Economics required.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in the design and management of evaluations (impact and performance), analyses and assessments, including survey development, developing performance management plans, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques from large development projects.
- Must possess technical familiarity with evaluation methods and standards under the USAID Evaluation Policy.
- Experience providing high quality M&E services to USAID funded programs in the areas of stability preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate and lead decision-making within a team.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Somalia
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here