The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not-for-profit Pan-African institution, dedicated for over 25 years to enabling the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa.
The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists.
AERC agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through provision of support in the areas of policy research and training.
AERC is seeking to recruit a suitable individual to fill the following position:
Communication / Publications Assistant
The position assists the Communications Division in presenting AERC’s work to the wider public through dissemination of AERC products, processing of publications, organizing workshops and providing administrative support.
- Assist in keeping track of the publication production schedules and pipelines;
- Assist in processing of publications (editing, proofreading & typesetting);
- Assist in following up with reviewers, authors, printers and publishers as may be necessary to facilitate efficient operation of the publication processes;
- Support in the editorial process for all AERC publications;
- Assist in preparing, coordinating and distributing targeted dissemination packages for AERC meetings and workshops
- Assist in the production of AERC Promotional materials (Annual Report, Newsletters, Brochure, and Posters etc).
- Handle all logistics for meetings and workshops organized by the Division;
- Support in the administration tasks relating to the AERC Alumni;
- Maintain databases as needed for communication including all contacts within the AERC network
- Assist in the consolidation of supporting documents for payment preparation;
- Handle efficiently and effectively routine correspondence, filing and records maintenance for the division
- Ensure that general office supplies and stationery are made available as required
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related discipline;
- Post graduate diploma in Mass Communication or Book Publication is a must;
- Thorough knowledge of desktop publishing;
- Working knowledge of the publications process;
- Well organized and able to multi task;
- Ability to work under pressure and good team player.
How to Apply
If you believe you believe you have the qualifications and experience to match these roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line. To be considered your application must be received by 30 September 2016 addressed to: The Manager, Human Resources and Administration African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) MEMBANK Towers, 3rd Floor Jakaya Kikwete Road P.O. Box 62882, 00200,
or Email: [email protected] For more information on AERC, you can visit our website on www.aercafrica.org