African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not-for-profit Pan-African institution, dedicated for about 28 years to enabling the advancement of economic policy research and graduate training in Africa.
The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that economic management and sustained development in sub Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professionals.
AERC is engaged in capacity building for economic policy through research and training in Anglophone, Francophone, and Lusophone African countries.
AERC is seeking to recruit a dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of a Manager, Human Resources and Administration.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will plan, review and implement mechanisms of attracting, developing, motivating and retaining the Human Resources in line with AERC strategy, policies arid procedures and labour laws.
- Developing and implementing a Human Resources Strategy for the organization:
- Continuous review and recommend changes to the Human Resources policies and procedures to conform to the labor laws and best practices in the market:
- Workforce planning and coordinating the recruitment and selection of staff:
- Developing and executing talent management and succession planning:
- Acts as a HR Business Partner to the organization and supports line managers in ensuring that their HR needs and programmes are aligned to the HR plan:
- Establishes performance standards for all aspects of administration and ensures that a performance management system is in place:
- Continuously monitor the local labor market conditions and advise management in all aspects relating to staff compensation and benefits:
- Ensures effective working relationships between staff and ensures that grievances, complaints and discipline are handled in accordance with laid down procedures:
- Ensuring proper records management for all employee records:
- Implements policies and procedures with regard to staff insurance, medical and other benefits:
- Manages and controls use of fixed assets and motor vehicles and ensures that all AERC property is adequately insured:
- Masters degree in Business Administration or related discipline with specialization in Human Resources Management
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Professional membership to a recognized human resources management association
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent knowledge of automated HR systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A minimum of 5 progressive human resource experience at management position.
How to Apply
For this position, good communication, interpersonal, negotiation and team playing skills are essential it you believe your career objectives match this challenging role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
To be considered your application must submitted via email to Email: [email protected] and to be received by 04 November 2016 and addressed to: The Executive Director, African Economic Research Consortium (AERC).