The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not-for-profit Pan-African institution, dedicated for over 25 years to enabling the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa.
The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists.
AERC agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through provision of support in the areas of policy research and training.
AERC is seeking to recruit a suitable individual to fill the following position:
- Regularly scan the internet to gather information on issues of importance to the work of the consortium, such as; economic trends, events in Africa and prospective donors and from this prepare reports for management.
- Graphic designing, advanced formatting and transforming of the various AERC publications and dissemination materials into appropriate formats (PDF, HTML) so as to optimize for web presentation or printing.
- Design and maintain a dynamic website(s) which would serve the needs of AERC & its network and produce periodical website performance and status reports.
- Ensures security of the web by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups;
- Work with the Publications Administrator to ensure that reports and other information are posted on the AERC website to provide early and effective dissemination.
- Assist with design of AERC publication and other materials
- Processing of library materials (ordering, classifying, bar-coding, cataloguing, indexing and input to the library system) for access by AERC network and public.
- Responsible for developing content across owned and earned social channels, this includes blog posts, tweets, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, status updates, photos and videos as well as build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online to support organizational goals.
- Manage content creation for ongoing social media communications, and optimize content plans to grow engaged social communities.
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiative
- Monitor and engage in organization-related online conversations, and respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Work closely with programmatic and event staff to create integrated campaigns and conduct strategic social media outreach.
- Using Google Analytics, insights and sprout social and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Pitch stories to the media; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
- Write draft blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts, communications materials, and other digital material and determine relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT;
- Advanced programming and design skills;
- Web content management and landing page development;
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives;
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing current best practices and understanding of Digital production processes;
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options and the media role in integrated communication;
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, foursquare, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Path
How to Apply
If you believe you believe you have the qualifications and experience to match these roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, email, telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line. To be considered your application must be received by 30 September 2016 addressed to: The Manager, Human Resources and Administration African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) MEMBANK Towers, 3rd Floor Jakaya Kikwete Road P.O. Box 62882, 00200,
or Email: [email protected] For more information on AERC, you can visit our website on www.aercafrica.org