AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Procurement & Inventory Supervisor
Job Summary: Following AFEX policy and procedures, to ensure that the best quality equipment, goods and services are purchased at the most competitive prices, and to ensure that these goods are stored, secured and issued as and when required.
The Purchasing and Inventory Supervisor will also be in charge of raising LPO’s, processing purchasing transactions, maintaining inventories of equipment and supplies and supervising the Store men.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels through the implementation and use of a bin card system.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Identifying potential suppliers, conducting regular meetings with existing suppliers and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Ensuring that sound stock control procedures are in place and carrying out monthly stock audits in conjunction with the Store men and Accounts Department, as well as random audits on specific stock lines during the course of the month.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts in conjunction with Management and the Accounts Department and monitoring their progress, checking their quality of the service provided.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Building of a complete supplier database including information relating to products supplied and payment and delivery terms.
- Managing and developing the existing and potential supplier pool and updating the approved vendor list as and when required.
- Preparing and reviewing purchase requisitions / orders as required.
- Processing of purchasing requisitions within purchasing authority.
- Matching of purchase requisitions with invoices and forwarding of them to the Accounts Department for payment processing.
- Ensuring that daily SAGE invoice processing of GRV’s takes place in conjunction with the posting of invoices from suppliers.
- Ensuring that issues are processed on SAGE by Store men on a daily basis as per procedure.
- Reducing slow moving and obsolete stock, monitoring and reporting on spoilage and wastage.
- Ensuring that financial budgets and targets are achieved.
- Ensuring that monthly market pricing surveys of key product lines are carried out and reported on.
- Completing all administrative duties and paperwork in line with AFEX SOPs, rules and regulations.
- Assuring a positive image of AFEX with both customers and suppliers at all times.
- Attending weekly management meetings and supplier meetings.
- Managing team performance, ensuring motivation is high among staff and providing support and feedback to help employees develop and deliver results.
- To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
- To work in full accordance with AFEX Group policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of AFEX Management Systems.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and motivate a team
- Strong team leadership and development skills with strong ability to build relationships.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and self-motivate
- Ability to get the best product at the best price
- Ability to react swiftly and effectively to frequent changes in market conditions as a result of currency fluctuations and product shortages
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, SAGE and Micros Product Management
- Negotiation skills
- High degree of professional integrity and strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team based multi-cultural environment.
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Degree/Diploma in purchasing or supply chain management
- Professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience doing similar work
- SAGE knowledge will be an added advantage
- Due to the nature of the work, the post holder must be reliable and truthful
- Willing to work and relocate to South Sudan
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to [email protected] before Friday 14th August, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note, this position is available in the republic of South Sudan and the successful candidate should be willing to relocate to Southern Sudan.