Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region.
Cytonn Real Estate (CRE), which is the developing arm of Cytonn Investments, is the leading real estate developer in the region with over Kshs. 74 billion of projects under mandate across 14 different projects.
In addition to the current deal pipeline focused on high end residential, commercial, mixed used and master planned development, CRE would like to venture into the affordable housing sector with an aim of bridging the current housing deficit estimated at 200,000 housing units per year.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team as an Affordable Housing Analyst. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity alignment structure.
Responsibilities for the Housing Assistant Job
- Work in collaboration with real estate research team to conduct investment opportunity analysis on potential deals in the affordable housing sector,
- Work in collaboration with the project finance team to analyse and do financial appraisal for these opportunities,
- Market segmentation and demand-supply analysis for these sectors,
- Preparation of project budgets, cash flow forecasts and detailed financial models,
- Strategic positioning of projects for partnership with key players in the industry,
- Monitor the progress of projects in the affordable housing sector,
- Administration and supervision of projects that fall under the affordable housing sector,
- Updating of the project progress, cash flow and returns,
- Develop weekly progress reporting on all projects in the affordable housing sector on a timely basis,
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned,
- Reporting on a weekly basis,
Qualifications for the Housing Assistant Job
- Minimum one year’s experience in a real estate environment
- A graduate level student with a minimum of Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree in a real estate related course, from a reputable University,
- Minimum qualification of a B+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE),
- An understanding of property markets & trends,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Detail-oriented and highly organized,
- Readiness and ability to meet strict deadlines,
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties with minimum supervision
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges,
- Availability on a fulltime basis with high levels of energy, enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure,
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.cytonn.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 21st of November 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.