Senior Communications Officer Multimedia Jobs at AFIDEP
We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Communications Officer Multimedia who shall be based in our Nairobi office. The ideal candidate is passionate about communicating science in a way that brings about change. The candidate has a good appreciation of global development efforts and is committed to using their professional expertise and skills to contribute to tackling some of the world’s most complex development issues.
The Senior Communications Officer for Multimedia will be the overall in charge of online communications including managing the AFIDEP website and social media platforms, production and dissemination of videos, animations, podcasts, infographics, and innovations in impactful science communication.
Responsibilities for the Senior Communications Officer Job
- Provide overall management of the AFIDEP website, ensuring a dynamic and impactful web design that is interactive and responsive to the needs of AFIDEP’s target audiences.
- Develop and manage content on AFIDEP’s website.
- Manage AFIDEP’s social media platforms, generating and sharing content, as well as monitoring and ensuring effective and innovative use of these platforms.
- Spearhead and oversee the production and dissemination of videos, podcasts, and infographics among other multimedia products based on AFIDEP content.
- Continuously innovate with emerging technologies to keep improving AFIDEP’s science communications efforts for stronger impact.
- Identify and commission consultants for supporting communication work at the Institute.
- Identify and facilitate AFIDEP’s participation in important national and regional policy dialogue forums.
- Contribute to AFIDEP’s policy dialogue activities e.g. attend meetings, make presentations.
- Expand AFIDEP’s policy links through the establishment of contact with relevant national policymakers and regional bodies and networks.
- Lead or contribute to writing relevant grant proposals for AFIDEP’s communications programme.
Qualifications for the Senior Communications Officer Job
- Masters’ degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant communications experience, preferably in a research setting or the development sector.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (proficiency in French is desirable).
- Experience in developing and producing, or managing the development and production of high impact online and multimedia (science) communications products (videos, podcasts, animations, infographics, websites, etc.).
- Website design and management skills required, and experience managing dynamic, state of the art websites required.
- Handson experience in innovative use of social media platforms to communicate research or science.
Graphics design skills desirable.
How To Apply
The position will be subject to a twoyear renewable contract, depending on performance, continued need of the Institute, and availability of funding. Competitive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to send their 1) onepage cover letter, 2) CV (including three relevant referees), and 3) twopage statement detailing career expedience and goals, what they will bring to AFIDEP, and how working at AFIDEP will help pursue his/her career goals NOT LATER THAN MARCH 20, 2017 to:
Finance and Administration Manager,
African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP),
6th Floor Westcom Point Building, Mahiga Mairu Avenue off Waiyaki Way, Westlands
P.O. Box 1468800800, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]