The job is on Part-Time Basis
The holder of this position will be reporting to the Clinical Officer in- Charge and will be required on a part time basis, in the evening from 4.00 – 8.30 pm to provide nursing care to patients, attend to medical emergencies, accompany referred patients and administer prescribed medications.
He/she will ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out in accordance with nursing standards.
Nurse Job Key Responsibilities
- Treat patients and observation of vital signs.
- Maintain medical records
- Observe and monitor patients’ conditions.
- Offer medical advice to clients
- Assist in surgical procedures and dressing of wounds
- Referral (where necessary) of medical emergencies
- Accompany patients to hospitals upon referral.
- General housekeeping of the clinic – maintaining proper hygiene standards
- Assist in preparation/pre-packaging of first aid kits.
- Administering drugs as needed
- Assist in monthly stock take
- Billing and sending of monthly insurance invoices.
Qualifications for the Nurse Job
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited medical training institution
- Kenya Registered Nurse/Kenya Registered Community Nurse
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- 3 years’ proven experience in a busy health Centre, Level 4 or Mission Hospital
(Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in a university setting)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and counselling skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications on or before 15th March, 2017 addressed to: The Vice-Chancellor Africa Nazarene University P.O. Box 53067 – 00200 Nairobi The applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and contacts of three referees.