Temporary Appointment (6 months).
Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and University Relations, the PRCO will be responsible for implementing the communications strategies and policies of Africa Nazarene University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the communication and publicity agenda.
- Create the editorial content and delivery of a quarterly Aspire university magazine.
- Create and manage the publicity of the university both to the internal and external publics.
- Develop relevant content for owned channels.
- Support internal and external university launches and events.
- Develop and implement communication material in the form of articles, media content, speeches, website copy and social media content that engages the target market.
- Identify and develop news stories from within the organization.
- Support the production of promotional communication material and the distribution of the same with internal and external audiences.
- Maintain website content and manage social media platforms encouraging content sharing and audience engagement through relevant and up to date information.
- Create and maintain relationships with the University’s internal and external stakeholders primarily the government, media, donors and the general public.
- Enhance direct engagement with key stakeholders to facilitate the success of marketing and public relations efforts.
- Proactively generate media outreach strategies to facilitate media engagement and solidify relations that result in higher success rate of coverage of media content in both national and international media platforms.
- Conduct industry related market research and compile reports.
- Master’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective public relations and communications strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to tell a story in a compelling manner.
- Experience in producing technical promotional materials
- Ability to effectively interact and relate with all stakeholders
- Understanding of traditional and social media landscapes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strategic direct thinker with a proven ability to innovate, implement and optimize
- Proven track record of being able to develop and implement a campaign strategy based on an understanding of the customer needs and customer profile
- Great communication, organization, planning and prioritization skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong experience of implementing, driving and managing complex multi-channel campaigns.
- Reporting and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications on or before January, 13th 2017 addressed to:
The Vice-Chancellor Africa Nazarene University P.O. Box 53067 – 00200 Nairobi
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates, names and contacts of three referees.