For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African Conservation and sustainable development. AWF is seeking a motivated and high performing Executive Assistant to ensure efficient and effective coordination, representation and office management support to AWF’s President. This temporary four month position commencing March 1, 2017 will be based at AWF’s headquarter office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Admin Assistant Jobs in Kenya
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President
- Plans, coordinates and ensures adherence to the President’s schedule
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the
- President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Communicates in liaison with the President, donors, staff, and others on matters related to President’s office
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations
- Facilitates meeting/ conference set-ups, programs and program participants related to the President’s office
- Drafts acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion
- Records minutes, maintains records of actions coming from President’s meetings
- Assists the President to communicate with and plan regular national and regional advisory councils for AWF’s program and fundraising goals in different countries and regions as required
Qualifications for the Admin Assistant Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ in similar roles with proven international/ NGO experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism.
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional reporting & desktop research skills
- Ability to work under pressure with high levels of flexibility
- Excellent organizational aptitude and coordinating ability
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite especially Word and PowerPoint
- Fluency in French will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers . Please send a cover letter and your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing date: 10 February 2017