She/he will work under the direction of the Director Program Design Europe and the Conservation Strategy and Issues Analyst (CSIA) to carry out desktop research and analysis, which will inform AWF’s landscapes approach. AWF’s landscapes approach is a set of concepts and tools which support the integrated management of land to achieve environmental, social and economic gains in selected regions in Africa.
The incumbent will therefore need to be able to research and analyse a broad suite of issues. She/he will also support environmental governance work at AWF with respect to information management, environmental impact assessment analysis, and stakeholder coordination.
Expected start date: 1 February 2017
This position is open to Kenyan nationals or international candidates with relevant qualifications.
Landscapes & Issues Research Intern Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, economics, sociology, anthropology, geography, sustainable development or related disciplines
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong academic research and analytical skills
- Ability to research a broad suite of issues with versatility
- Capacity to work with a diverse team and engage external stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively in research and analysis
- A diverse educational background with experience in both environmental and social sciences is desirable.
- An ability to develop various types of graphs, charts and infographics is desirable.
- Experience in environmental governance is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers. Please send a cover letter and your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 23 January 2017