Finance Assistant Job at Africa Wildlife Foundation
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development. AWF is seeking a high performing and result oriented Finance Assistant to provide support for contract management.
This position will assist to coordinate and ensure all contracts for sub awards, consultants and grants comply with the donor/funder agreements and well as conforming to AWF policies and standard templates. This temporary four month position commencing on April 17, 2017 will report to Senior Finance Manager and will be based at AWF’s headquarter office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Finance Assistant Job
- Support the development of routine contractual agreements, working with the Senior Finance Manager and Program teams to ensure that the submitted agreement meets all guidelines and are reviewed by appropriate parties prior to signing by AWF.
- Ensure contractual agreement documentation is complete and logically filed, and disseminated to relevant personnel within AWF, this includes both hard and soft copies.
- Maintain and monitor status of all new and existing contractual agreements throughout the life of the contract.
- Track, receive and review sub grant financial reports and validate all supporting invoices for accuracy on a timely fashion, and submit both USAID and non-USAID sub grant status to the supervisor before the 10th of every month.
- Track Subgrant and Consultancy open Purchase Orders in Serenic to confirm validity and to reconcile with sub grant/ Consultancy reports.
Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- A diploma with requisite experience would be considered. CPA will be an added advantage
- Minimum two years relevant working experience, preferably from a donor funded nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant management principles, including U.S. government funding.
- Ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Strong technical skills, including MS Excel, and ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional.
- Ability to provide good customer service with patience and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff and partners Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote areas
How to Apply
As this position is heavily anchored in AWF’s conservation programs, the successful candidate must have an interest in conservation.Interested candidates are invited to apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers .
Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV and a writing sample as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 31 March 2017