Corporate Communications & Marketing Officer Job at Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya
Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to
Kenyans studying in recognised institutions of higher learning.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Corporate Communications &
Marketing Offi cer. HELB is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to
demonstrate skills and competence to fi ll the position.
- Reporting to the Corporate Communications & Customer Experience Manager, the Corporate Communications and Marketing Offi cer will
drive execution of HELB Corporate Communication activities, events and Brand Management whilst ensuring adherence to relevant statutory
compliances, policies, procedures and standards. The person will also ensure that Board receives adequate positive publicity both above and
below the line.
Communications & Marketing Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Corporate Communication strategies;
- Drive implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility policy;
- Plan and execute media monitoring and engagement;
- Participate in corporate events planning and execution;
- Prepare, implement and monitor corporate communication budget;
- Execute enhanced marketing and product repositioning to drive uptake of HELB products;
- Initiate and implement internal and external communication initiatives to enhance a positive corporate image;
- Drive awareness of Board initiatives in line with the service charter;
- Streamline and increase visibility of the Board in the digital space;
- Drive Single Point of Contact for the Customer through enhanced corporate message repositioning;
- Ensure statutory compliance with government guidelines such as Commission on Administrative Justice [CAJ] and Government
- Advertising Agency [GAA].
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience for Communication & Marketing Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related program from recognized university;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in PR & Events and Brand Management;
- Member of PRSK or MSK;
- Member of ICS Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Sound knowledge in media engagement & monitoring;
- Excellent event management execution skills;
- Good supervisory skills including organizational and problem solving skills;
- Personal integrity with good work ethic;
How to Apply
- If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, copy of current pay slip, relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 1st July, 2016 .
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board, P.O. Box 69489-00400, NAIROBI. Email Address: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Those who had applied previously need not re-apply